Acupuncture for insomnia
Acupuncture is an alternative therapy for insomnia in that it uses needles to stimulate points along given energy meridians. Our education is grounded in the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine which has been treating insomnia in this manner for millenia; indeed, many western medicine practitioners are now recommending acupuncture as a natural sleep aid. Here is how it works:
- It makes you feel less anxious and more relaxed
- Improves sleep quality and duration
- Improving circulation, which helps oxygenate the brain, an organ that thrives on oxygen
- Relaxes muscles and reduces pain by producing natural painkillers like endorphins.
- Increases the body’s natural production of melatonin
Indeed, acupuncture can have a dramatic effect on sleep quality and quantity. If you are interested in finding out more, give our office in Park Slope a call to schedule an appointment today.