Energy Balance and traditional chinese medicine
Acupuncture / Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Increasing Energy Flow, Establishing Balance & Creating Internal Harmony
TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) is an ancient healing art founded nearly 4,000 years ago.
What was once only enjoyed in Buddhist monasteries of China and Tibet is now practiced the world over! TCM integrates spiritual beliefs with theories of life-force and bio-energetics, Qi ( or Chi, pronounced "chee").
Priests treated members of their communities with herbs, animal products, acupuncture, cupping (pressure cups applied to the back), and moxibustion (a warming herb that is 'smoked' along with meridian points).
Needle acupuncture has to do with the insertion of thin, sterile needles along energy points of the body.
This healing practice evolved from a discernment of energy meridian points along the skin's surface that correlates with organs like the lungs, liver, stomach, and kidneys. Furthermore, all forms of body disharmony, illness, and disease are effectively treated by restoring harmony to the qi along the meridians and thus healing organs and body systems.
Western Medicine is currently looking into the ways in which TCM actually works.
Modern science has developed the technology to detect and measure the subtle bio-energy and confirm the acupuncture points along the meridians.
Although this research is still ongoing, Western medicine has acknowledged the positive health effects of TCM, particularly needle acupuncture.
According to TCM, meridians traverse all tissues and organ systems of the body. Therefore, acupuncture can affect all aspects of health.
At Community Chiropractic & Acupuncture located in Park Slope, Brooklyn 11215, acupuncture treatment is provided for musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Repetitive stress injuries.
- CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from clicking the computer mouse).
- Sports injuries involving nerves, muscles, joints, discs, ligaments, and tendons.
- Trauma due to work accidents, motor vehicle accidents or personal injuries.
Brooklyn Chiropractors & Acupuncturists, Dr Thomas and Efrain Ruiz help treat disorders of bodily systems, including:
- Digestive system treatment (irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Acid reflux.
- Bloating and gas.
- Respiratory system problems (colds; flu; asthma; allergies; sinusitis).
- Reproductive system issues (premenstrual syndrome (PMS); infertility; menopausal complications; dysmenorrhea.
- Emotional disturbances (post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Depression/ Anxiety.
- Aging (arthritis; memory loss; motor and sensory changes).
- Behavioral (smoking cessation; eating disorders)