You would be hard-pressed to find an athlete who would argue that chiropractic made them worse off
Chiropractic sports physicians focus on relieving pain and rehabilitating injury the natural way- without the necessity for surgical intervention or prescription drugs. The way we do this is by:
- Focusing on spinal alignment
- Releasing muscle tension
- Limiting the growth of scar tissue
- Increaing circulation and range of motion
Furthermore, by ensuring the alignment of the spine and thus balancing the body, we can prevent injuries from occuring in the first place.
Chiropractic is your ticket for improving reaction times and boosting performance
Success in sport is often determined by the finest of margins- the simple truth is that drugs take you one direction and chiropractic the other. If you are interested in adding chiropractic as an augment to your athletic repertoire, give our office in Park Slope a call to schedule an appointment today.
Athletes regularly demand their bodies perform above and beyond the standard call of duty. The difference between a split second on either side of your personal best can often be determined by the tiniest intangible: in this world of fine margins, chiropractic gives you the edge every time.
Simply regulating the nervous system is the most tangible benefit we have to offer: if spinal nerves are pressurized due to subluxation, the brain and body suffer communication breakdown, a condition which can affect all of your anatomical systems, including the ones most often used in athletic endeavor: the respiratory, cardiovascular and muscular systems. Here are some ways that we boost athletic performance from our office at Community Chiropractic & Acupuncture:
- Increase lung capacity and breathe more efficiently. We offer advice on proper breathing techniques to make sure you are getting the most out of every breath. If subluxation is impinging on nerves that power the breathing muscles, we correct this situation to be sure you can breathe effectively.
- Enhance muscle tone by improving blood flow with trigger point therapy and massage.
- Build muscle more efficiently: when the body is misaligned, muscles contract and release over a shorter or longer meridian, meaning you may not be getting the most out of every lift or muscle building movement.
Another huge benefit of chiropractic is keeping the body flexible and resistant to injury. When you kick a ball, swing a club, or slam-dunk a basketball, muscles are strained; the level that they can be strained without incurring damage is an important factor in determining your success and enjoyment of sport.