Yoga for compression injuries
Compression is defined as any injury or condition in which undue pressure is placed on the spinal cord. Degenerative illnesses, ruptured discs, bone spurs and acute injury can all cause compression, among many other factors. This brand of spinal pain is life-altering and most people will have to live and manage the pain for the rest of their lives. Enter yoga, which has long been used to improve symptoms related to compression suffering. Our guidelines for using yoga to account for compression include:
- A priority on being gentle in your movements.
- Avoiding excessive transfer of forces and extreme movements.
- Focusing on traction, or the lengthening of the spine during each sequence.
- Avoiding poses that exacerbate your condition
It is important to know which poses can actually worsen the pain. For compression-related pain, poses to avoid include:
- Camel Pose
- Boat Pose
- Shoulder standing or legs-up-the-wall
- Seated forward folds or toe touching poses
Using yoga to effectively account for your back pain in Park Slope
You should never start a new plan to account for your back pain without first consulting a health care professional. At Community Chiropractic & Acupuncture, we are in the business of helping people get an accurate diagnosis and picture of their back pain before we implement any holistic care strategies. Once we know the exact cause of your pain, we can begin incorporating modalities such as chiropractic care, massage, acupuncture and yoga to make powerful changes in your pain. If this sounds like something you are interested in, please give our new office in Brooklyn a call to make an appointment today.
We are proud to announce our new home
We are moving! Monday, April 2nd will be the day we say hello to you at a bigger and better office. The announcement is bittersweet as we are moving from a location that allowed us to connect with our community on a level we could never have imagined. In order to reach more members of this wonderful community, we need to be able to accomodate them! Therefore, our new site represents an upgrade, and we are so excited to share it with you. Here are the features of our new office:
- A new reception room that is large and relaxing
- More staff to attend to questions regarding appointments, insurance, care and services
- Wheelchair access
- 7 treatment rooms
- 5 dedicated chiropractic tables
- 2 acupuncture tables
- Cox-8 Flexion/Distraction table
- Support equipment to comfortably accomodate large pregnancies
- New rooms have light dimmers and Sonos voice-activated music systems for optimal relaxation
Come see us at our new address!
Community Chiropractic & Acupuncture of Park Slope will always have the same dedication to its community of patients. This new location will allow us to more comfortably and effectively contribute to the wellbeing of everyone who walks through our doors. If we have seen you before, please make sure to stop by and see the new features we have on offer; if you are looking to change the way you look, feel and function by using our natural healing techniques, come see us at our new location! We are standing by in our new office at 182 8th Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11215 and we look forward to seeing you here.