Acupuncture is effective at relieving stress and thus, increasing chances of conception
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, stress acts as a traffic jammer, preventing the free flow of energy throughout the body. This is most easily related to the Western idea that stress causes muscle tension- in both cases, circulation to muscles is reduced, causing pain tightness and limited range of motion. Acupuncture seeks to unblock these pathways to help the energy flow smoothly.
- Acupuncture naturally regulates the body’s chemical balance
- Acupuncture releases endorphins, the body’s natural pain-killing chemicals.
- Acupuncture improves circulation of blood through the body, oxygenating tissues
- Acupuncture facilitates the flushing out of waste chemicals such as cortisol
- Acupuncture helps to decrease heart rate, lower blood pressure and relax muscles.
Acupuncture is an amazing way to treat stress without drugs or therapy; the process itself is relaxing and influences calm for days after treatment.
Acupuncture is an effective method for treating infertility in Brooklyn
Stress is a good place to look when fertility tests have determined that no clear medical reason exists for your infertility. At our office in Park Slope, we focus on using acupuncture to improve fertility in the following ways:
- Reducing stress: stress has a great impact on fertility.
- Increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs, including the ovaries and uterus, boosting the likelihood of an egg being nourished and carried through pregnancy.
- Balancing the endocrine system
If you are looking for an alternative to standard infertility treatments, it is worth trying acupuncture; give our office in Park Slope a call to schedule an appointment today.